Calling DB2 statement through a unix shell

I am looking to execute a DB2 command in the background through
shell .

Shell script:

db2 -tvf updatecust.sql &

Within updatecust.sql, it established a connection to the db and
executes an update statement. Using the & causes the statement to
fail. I have tried quotes and the exec statement.

Error: DB21018E A system error occurred. The command line processor
could not continue processing.

Removing the &, and the script runs as expected.

Thanks.

  • Re: Calling DB2 statement through a unix shell
    ... I am looking to execute a DB2 command in the background through ... Dan Mercer ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: Calling DB2 statement through a unix shell
    ... in the shell script and calling the function in the background "&" ... I am looking to execute a DB2 command in the background through ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: [kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag
    ... And I can copy a shell script to both devices and then execute ... UDEV config problem [if KDE uses UDEV info to mount devices) (I use ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Calling shell script from a Servlet.
    ... > When I try to do the same thing from a Servlet I get nothing. ... > because Tomcat should be able to find a directory where shell script ... Should I put a symbolic link somewhere in Tomcat home ... read / execute to bash, and possibly read and even execute on all the ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: How to selectivey route messages?
    ... > shell script to execute at boot time (but not the one that goes: ... > have to be a real Internet user. ... > I also want to plow through the ip program document and the "Linux Advanced ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)