Re: kill process using job

On 12 Apr., 15:33, SiKing <nos...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
urram...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
want kill process

The (really) long way:
ps -ef | grep listener | grep -v grep | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill

If you use awk in the pipeline there's no need for two additional grep
processes; awk can do that.

Janis

The (not so) long way:
ps -ef | grep '[l]istener' | awk '{print $2}' | xargs kill

The short way (if installed):
pkill -f listener

HTH.

--

  • Re: kill process using job
    ... want kill process ... processes; awk can do that. ... I always mess up the quotes inside of quotes though. ...
    (comp.unix.shell)
  • Re: General UNIX puzzle
    ... All of those (sed, awk, grep) involve making a copy of the original file ... The gnu shtool is one of the most useful tools for this for in-place ... A Galileo could no more be elected president of the United States than ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: ssh and chroot
    ... ++ echo /bin/mkdir ... ++ awk '' ... ++ grep '^/' ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: The smartest band in the world?
    ... I mainly use grep, but I'm ... going to learn awk and sed and improve my bash scripting. ... Oracle accreditation coure, well in the grad courses at least, everything ...
    (alt.guitar)
  • Re: Difference between Cygwin and DOS handling of string input
    ... Ton of userland tools that make work possible (perl, sed, awk, grep, ... cmd.exe is a shell in that it's a TTY that lets you run commands, ...
    (comp.lang.c)