Re: noob first question

"thdyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thdyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

You first have to figure out if the problem is with your script, the
router, or what.

send "iptables -I FORWARD -p tcp --dport 3724 -jDROP\r"

Log onto your firewall and type
iptables -L

Make sure your command is executed, and is listed.
If not, type it in manually.
Does it show up now? If not, the command is wrong.
If so, then something is changing the firewall rules.

  • Re: IPTABLES
    ... > I need to setup the firewall IPTABLES on CentOS. ... You set up the firewall using command line commands. ... > allow to acces FROM the LAN only to a computer with MAC ADRESS xxxxxx. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Cable Modem, DHCP and IP Tables
    ... >> Any pointers on setting up RH 7.3 as a firewall between my ... > As far as the iptables coding, I have the iptables kick off ... Not that their is anything wrong with useing RH as the a router between your ... internal and the external network. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Linux Is A Bore
    ... If you have an internal LAN, which has a gateway through a router, you're ... In any of the latter cases, iptables is the way to go. ... There are those who will tell you that you don't need a firewall if you keep ... by inspecting the incoming packets and having iptables decide whether or not ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Cant receive incoming http traffic via wget and others, can through firefox and links (iptables)
    ... I have a highly intensive iptables firewall. ... Any idea why iptables would block some command line utilities, ... firefox and links? ...
    (Debian-User)
  • iptables - specifying iface that does not currently exist
    ... I've set up a router and firewall with iptables, ... packets being forwarded out from the LAN to the internet? ... to specify with iptables an iface that does not exist. ... must be done to the packets being continuously sent into tho router ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)