Re: Input redirection for programs invoked by xargs

On 2008-11-23, Jeenu <jeenuv@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to play all mp3 files in a directory with the following
command:

find -iname \*mp3 -print0 | xargs -0 mplayer

Maybe you could put the files in a playlist and get mplayer to play
that.

However mplayer doesn't read from terminal anymore (expected). How can
I launch mplayer (or any other program) with a construct like this so
that it still reads form terminal (I'm familiar with exec 3<&0 and
similar stuff, but couldn't make it work)?

Thanks
Jeenu

--
They can't stop us... we're on a mission from God!
-- The Blues Brothers

  • zoe: itunes m4a and other problems
    ... get mplayer, vlc, and ogle to install. ... I've had the best luck with mplayer, although I had to spend a few hours ... It will play DVD's, although not very well, the video is ... Is there a command which will print ...
    (Fedora)
  • mplayer vs realvideo
    ... What is the magic formula for getting mplayer to play ... the video portion of realmedia files? ... Error parsing option on the command line: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..
    ... > but that's a feature that command line fanatics (such as the mplayer ... Go directly to the movie. ... Knowing that they're oriented at command line users I now know ... to check the docs to look for some way to select which component to play on ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: I claims Moxana points!
    ... I have similar problems when trying to play audio on my Apple laptop. ... Even after figuring out what directory to move the MP3 files into, ... sure it can play files from the command line. ... Guard us from the she-wolf and the wolf, and guard us from the thief, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: I claims Moxana points!
    ... folder and you're supposed to put labels on files to search it; ... I have similar problems when trying to play audio on my Apple laptop. ... Even after figuring out what directory to move the MP3 files into, ... sure it can play files from the command line. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)