bash script causes software hang

Hi All,
We are using bash 2.05b on our Linux box. We have developed a bash
scripts that sets the firewalls on our system. We run the script in RR
class of scheduler. Under stress test (running the script
continously). We observe the system is in soft hang, and the only way
to get out of the hang state is to send nice command (lower priorty of
the script) through sysrq.
Any help greatly apprieciated.

Regards,
Bizhan

  • Re: [ Attn: Randy ] Ad-hoc Parsing?
    ... > 1) They were out of context quotes, as the quotes came with no context. ... embed cpu instructions within a DOS/Windows batch script. ... that this also is possible with bash scripts. ... statement "It can execute the .com file as easily as a command.com ...
    (alt.lang.asm)
  • Re: [opensuse] Editting PATH variable
    ... SuSEconfig script ... ... not knowing what you options you used to install ... If your unfamiliar with Bash a good book is 'Learning the Bash Shell' by ... For Java use editing the PATH variable is NOT required... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Command Line Interface
    ... >> should accept system commands only for an administrator. ... >> how should I supress the bash shell and launch my custom CLI ... > The script could run in a restricted shell and offer a menu of ... account, and either 1) change account password, 2) ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Reverse ldd ??
    ... people don't use them and that bash is what everyone does use, ... learning a new language in order to recode a snippet. ... then you will quickly recognize what the tclshell script ... I just am saying that's what I found confusing. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: bash: WHY???
    ... IMHO bash 2.05+ is the most usable interactive shell as it has ... OK - but call it a bash script, ... default in sh using sh features. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)