Re: unzip | touch | re-zip

"Murray R. Van Luyn." <valid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
<snip>
... I've always distributed zip files that I create with WinZip,
so I thought using the Unix zip command would give me the best compatibility
with those.

Okay, I've tried it out and am starting to get a handle on the problem. When
initiated with PHP's exec() function I couldn't get any textural feedback
from running the zip command.
<snip>
I'll see what my ISP has to say about the apparent, predominately
un-locatable zip executable. They're not known for their fabulous customer
service, so I fear this may be where the current avenue of
exploration ends.

Does your PHP installation have the zip functions? It is not as
simple as a script, but it will get the job done if your hosting
company won't install a zip executable.

<snip>
--
Ben.

  • Re: Tar Question on the -T option
    ... > Okay, so of course its just tar, taking input from the find command. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... These lines are the output of a directory-listing command and are ... With typical Windows tools, one can select a block of ... the editor you don't even have the benefit of whatever autocomplete ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Name change
    ... nearly impossible to uninstall, so I'm a bit wary about giving it a go. ... hard to scrape off the walls if the uninstall or make uninstall command ... when it shuts down - startup's quick (RAM check aside), ...
    (uk.people.support.depression)
  • Re: (some) Old Templars do not die/Long and Speculative
    ... but the leadership was composed entirely of (French) knights.... ... But not inventors. ... in command of the strategy in Outremer. ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... a line of the display for showing a search command in progress ... search turns up some references to Chinese and vim that makes me ... (repeat command) ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)