Re: here-document in function and temp file

Shurik wrote:

[...] function definition on HP-UX ( ksh shell )

BTW: compare with sh, which is not a ksh88c but a ksh88f on HP-UX.

I found that if I defined function as below

function CheckDB

The temp file created, but if I use the other option for function
definition

CheckDB()

The temporary file doesn't created.

Later releases of ksh88 (e.g. 88i) create only one temp file,
no matter how many functions are defined. The shell manages
to sort out the respective parts. Do you rather experience
a similar effect?

I couldn't try on HP-UX, but I can't reproduce what
you describe with some other ksh88 releases.
--
http://www.in-ulm.de/~mascheck/various/shells/#hpux11
.