Exit status of process by PID

Hi,

I need to know the exit status of process by PID in KSH.

example:

sleep 100 &

PID=$!

I want to know exit status by this number $PID

Thanks

  • Postfix - Help on configuration
    ... I want configure Postfix on my server. ... [root@dummysites jlvill]# mail jlvill ... /usr/lib/postfix/local pid 8184 exit status 1 ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: SSH
    ... it depends on your shell, ... try changing it to ksh, ... $ sleep 1000& ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: fork defunct process, already forked twice
    ... Is there thing else I have to close off before the child dies like ... if (pid> 0){ ... // parent waits on child to exit ... if (gpid < 0){ ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: How to get return values of a forked process
    ... its pid and exit status indication: a 16-bit number, ... I would advise using the subprocess module for this instead ... Where did you find the Unix docs you pasted in? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: How to get return values of a forked process
    ... if fail: ... its pid and exit status indication: a 16-bit number, ... I would advise using the subprocess module for this instead ...
    (comp.lang.python)