Exit status of process by PID

Hi,

I need to know the exit status of process by PID in KSH.

example:

sleep 100 &

PID=$!

I want to know exit status by this number $PID

Thanks

  • Postfix - Help on configuration
    ... I want configure Postfix on my server. ... [root@dummysites jlvill]# mail jlvill ... /usr/lib/postfix/local pid 8184 exit status 1 ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: SSH
    ... it depends on your shell, ... try changing it to ksh, ... $ sleep 1000& ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: fork defunct process, already forked twice
    ... Is there thing else I have to close off before the child dies like ... if (pid> 0){ ... // parent waits on child to exit ... if (gpid < 0){ ...
    (comp.unix.questions)
  • Re: How to get return values of a forked process
    ... its pid and exit status indication: a 16-bit number, ... I would advise using the subprocess module for this instead ... Where did you find the Unix docs you pasted in? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: single run
    ... and show warning like "Program already running" and exit. ... and print to it the PID of the program. ... I'm not sure how this is done on windows, but on *nix, you can use the 'ps' command, and grep for the PID. ... If you found it, then exit, else replace the PID inside your file, and continue running. ...
    (comp.lang.perl.tk)