Associative array processing

I have a large number of files with varying combinations of strings in
them such as the following:

File1

File2

File3

From this, I need to produce something like the following:

,File1,File2,File3
A,Yes,Yes,No
B,Yes,No,No
C,Yes,Yes,No
D,No,Yes,Yes
E,No,No,Yes
F,No,No,Yes

I can do this by setting up two loops, one inside the other, but this
is tedious and time-consuming given the volumes involved. I suspect
this can be done easily and efficiently in an array but not sure how
to do it.

Any suggestions?

- CDM

  • Re: SoMFString Question
    ... an exception which caused me to suspect that not all the messages were ... should it work to fill the "array" with the .set method ... IIRC the strings are separated by a comma. ...
    (comp.graphics.api.inventor)
  • Re: Count of FIRST Digit
    ... > Bob, you have interpreted the problem same way as Vasent, and looking ... > I suspect you are both right. ... I think the varying length is the easy bit, ... The bit I can't get around is to array each cell to get the max ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: K&R2 Secition 5.9 - major blunders
    ... Each element of b doesn't point to a 20 element array of int. ... This mistake is crucial because ... my explanation is really the qualities of something else: ... > The use of the array of pointers is to store the strings. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: K&R2 Secition 5.9 - major blunders
    ... Each element of b doesn't point to a 20 element array of int. ... This mistake is crucial because ... my explanation is really the qualities of something else: ... > The use of the array of pointers is to store the strings. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: Returning array of strings through callback from unmanaged to
    ... Is the array of strings a jagged array or fixed length array? ... It is imperative that I am able to return the array of strings from the ... I have control over how many strings I want the unmanaged code to return ... What I want to accomplish is to pass a callback function to unmanaged ...