Re: Help: How to remove blank between '7F'x delimiters using SED

On 2011-07-08, Kevin Qin <sas.runner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The issue is that the delimiter is '7F', when I use SED or GAWK, the
delimiter character will work to delete previous character.

Will it, now?

Is there any special option to mask this funcationality?

Maybe you're thinking of typing on the command line? That character isn't
magical in strings, but it might have effects on the command line when
typing, in which case, consider using ^V to escape it.

-s
--
Copyright 2011, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam@xxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Parser, again!
    ... and the command is then everything from one CR to the next. ... There are advantages of also having a separate character for the start ... Allow both numbers and quoted strings. ... positional parameter are easily separated to tokens (e.g. null ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: Optimization of code
    ... external devices that take 8-bit character string commands. ... convert Unicode to ANSI. ... CStringA command; ... that and it could just assume Unicode for all strings, ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Gets and chomp method question
    ... I have entered the strings: ... puts 'Hello there, and what\'s your name?' ... and respond by typing in my name. ... When I run it, the command box opens, and just stays there. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Gets and chomp method question
    ... I have entered the strings: ... puts 'Hello there, and what\'s your name?' ... and respond by typing in my name. ... When I run it, the command box opens, and just stays there. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Substring matching in lots of strings
    ... one character but shorter than 64). ... the user can start typing one or more words, ... So if I have these strings: ...
    (comp.programming)