Re: how to search man page for option code

On 11/30/2011 5:40 PM, Kenny McCormack wrote:
In article<jb5q0p$qg4$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
carolus<sendmenospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/30/2011 11:31 AM, carolus wrote:

3) Something else you might try: man ls | vi -
(This works if vi is vim; I don't if it works on lesser vi
implementations)

Yes, this works, if I type the command correctly, then strip out ^H, and
then type each letter of the search string twice.

I didn't have to do any of those things. For me, it "just worked".

Are you sure you have "vim" as your "vi"?

Yes, but there is a problem with my Cygwin that is not present in the most recent distribution; the described hack is a workaround for my bug.
.