Re: mount pset related pids to a different /proc fs mount point?

From: Andrew Gabriel (andrew_at_cucumber.demon.co.uk)
Date: 05/16/03

Date: 16 May 2003 10:45:35 GMT

In article <3EC289C7.CA61A98D@tiger.pwgsc.gc.ca>,
        Rocke Robertson <rocker@tiger.pwgsc.gc.ca> writes:
> /proc has system wide process information. On a system, we have
> multiple chroot environments, and a proccessor set for each chroot
> environment. Presently we have to loopback mount /proc into the chroot
> environment to get /bin/ps to work amoung many other things which is
> fine. But this also allows /bin/ps to see other environments processes.
> So, I would like to be able to do the following:
>
> /proc - /proc proc - no -
> /proc - /chroot0/proc lofs - yes forpset0
> /proc - /chroot1/proc lofs - yes forpset1
> /proc - /chroot2/proc lofs - yes forpset2
>
> etc.....
>
> the forpsetX option is imaginary because this is the missing option. I
> would like to have a mount option for pset 1 or 2 etc.....

It sounds like you need Solaris Zones, which is likely to appear
in a future Solaris release as an extension to the current Solaris
Containers in Solaris 9. Some information on it has already appeared:

Andrew Gabriel
Consultant Software Engineer

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WU-FTPD, Solaris 8, anon user, chroot() question
    ... WU-FTPD, Solaris 8, anon user, chroot() question ... all logging ceases for the child process ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • F-secure 3.0.1
    ... I 've got a problem by using the ssh-chrootmgr. ... I know there is problem with this utility under Solaris. ... chroot done but it exited just after the ... The sftp command works for a normal user which is not chrooted ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: sftp-server logging under chroot & privilege separation
    ... The Solaris SSH does not give us the flexibility we want to ... + check that syslogd, syslog-ng, or whathaveyou is using that socket ... sftp-server logging under chroot & privilege separation ... check that the partition where the chroot directory resides is not ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: sftp queries
    ... into the system in Solaris 10? ... Correct me if I'm wrong that chroot is ... able to perform this but it requires openssh to be installed. ... will to install the openssh, what will happen to the ssh that comes ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • mount pset related pids to a different /proc fs mount point?
    ... /proc has system wide process information. ... multiple chroot environments, and a proccessor set for each chroot ... But this also allows /bin/ps to see other environments processes. ... /bin/ps -ef -o pset,pid,ppid,user,group,comm and parsing the pset field ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)