Re: Differences between Solaris 2.5 and current version and IRIX

From: Sue (sue4037_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/20/03

Date: 20 May 2003 05:03:01 -0700

"Dave Uhring" <daveuhring@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.05.20.01.45.16.14396@yahoo.com>...
> On Mon, 19 May 2003 17:48:28 -0700, Sue wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a document or FAQ listing the differences between
> > Solaris 2.5 and the most current version. I'd also like the same kind
> > of docs comparing and contrasting Solarils and SGI IRIX. Any pointers
> > would be appreciated.
>
> Did your school fail to teach you how to use google.com?

Ok, I admit the Solaris version question was stupid. It was late at
night and I wasn't thinking. But I was serious about the IRIX
question.
About four years ago when I used to admin Solaris machines and the
occassional IRIX machine I had an FAQ listing some differences between
the two OS. I used it whenever I had to work on an SGI. It could be
that this particular document is no longer around or is way out of
date. That is why I'm posting to this news group looking for it.
Since you have such a superior knowledge of google why don't you tell
me how to search google for this doc. I've tried various combinations
of the words Solaris, SGI, IRIX, FAQ, comparison and difference.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: OT: Lets welcome Apple to the 80s
    ... Solaris and Irix. ... Moving to Solaris from SunOS felt like a huge jump ... Solaris caught up and SGI got into a total ... their core markets except SMP. ...
    (rec.autos.sport.f1)
  • IRIX ToolTalk RPC Server Format String Vulnerability update
    ... IRIX ToolTalk RPC Server Format String Vulnerability update ... This bulletin is an update to SGI Security Bulletin 20021102-01-P, ... The patch referenced in 20021102-01-P did not apply cleanly in some ... The primary SGI anonymous FTP site for security advisories and patches is ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Acrobat Reader symlink vulnerability on IRIX
    ... implemented on ALL vulnerable SGI systems. ... These issues have been corrected in future releases of IRIX. ... SGI has not provided patches for this vulnerability. ... The primary SGI anonymous FTP site for security advisories and patches is ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • rpcbind/fsr_efs/mv/errhook/uux vulnerabilities
    ... o the mv command creates the directory with world-writable permissions ... implemented on ALL vulnerable SGI systems. ... These issues have been corrected in future releases of IRIX. ... installing patches are inconvenient or not possible. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • IRIX nedit vulnerability
    ... Subject: IRIX nedit vulnerability ... Security Focus has reported a vulnerability related to the way the NEdit ... implemented on ALL vulnerable SGI systems. ...
    (Bugtraq)