Re: Differences between Solaris 2.5 and current version and IRIX

From: Sue (sue4037_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 05/20/03

Date: 20 May 2003 05:03:01 -0700

"Dave Uhring" <daveuhring@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<pan.2003.05.20.01.45.16.14396@yahoo.com>...
> On Mon, 19 May 2003 17:48:28 -0700, Sue wrote:
>
> > I am looking for a document or FAQ listing the differences between
> > Solaris 2.5 and the most current version. I'd also like the same kind
> > of docs comparing and contrasting Solarils and SGI IRIX. Any pointers
> > would be appreciated.
>
> Did your school fail to teach you how to use google.com?

Ok, I admit the Solaris version question was stupid. It was late at
night and I wasn't thinking. But I was serious about the IRIX
question.
About four years ago when I used to admin Solaris machines and the
occassional IRIX machine I had an FAQ listing some differences between
the two OS. I used it whenever I had to work on an SGI. It could be
that this particular document is no longer around or is way out of
date. That is why I'm posting to this news group looking for it.
Since you have such a superior knowledge of google why don't you tell
me how to search google for this doc. I've tried various combinations
of the words Solaris, SGI, IRIX, FAQ, comparison and difference.