Re: How to forward all e-mail from Solaris box to a .......

From: Solaris 電子妖精 (none_at_none.com)
Date: 05/23/03

Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:53:32 +0800

Suppose you are using your the original Sendmail 8.11.X. bundled in your
Solaris 8 .

Your Solaris 8 will be acting as a MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) to re-route
(forward) the mails that it received to the target destination host (Your
Exchange Server).

1. let's we have a check to your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file in your Solaris
box. Your sendmial.cf must contains the following.

# Mailer table (overriding domains)
Kmailertable dbm /etc/mail/mailertable
Mesmtp, P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP, E=\r\n,
L=990,
T=DNS/RFC822/SMTP,
A=TCP $h
..

2. Now in the /etc/mail/mailertable. Add the following line.

yourdomain.com esmtp:[yourmsexchangehost.yourdomain.com]

3. Then compile your mailertable in dbm format. You must do this step if you
make any changes to mailertable file whenever possible.

# makemap dbm /etc/mail/mailertable < /etc/mail/mailertable

4. Make sure "yourdomain.com" and "yourmsexchangehost.yourdomain.com" have
been added to your "/etc/mail/relay-domains" file in your Solaris box.
Otherwise the host that will receive mail on port 25 will not accept any
mail for that domain.

5. Restart Sendmail. The Sendmail software now acting as a MTA to re-route
(forward) any email for your "yourdomain.com" to your
"yourmsexchangehost.yourdomain.com".

6. Make sure your DNS MX record is pointing to your Solaris 8 box. And your
Solaris 8 box can resolve the valid DNS information successfully.
6.5. The above configuration re-routes the entire domain for you. That is
not neccessary to create any username account in your Solaris 8 box.

Done.

"Amigo" <amigo@zonnet.nl> 撰寫於郵件新聞
:vcrr50a74u7vd7@corp.supernews.com...
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately I am forced to ask help to forward all e-mail to a exchange
> server.
>
> For you hard core UNIX guru愀: this server is a mail server with an far
> inferieur product form some company out of Seattle.
>
> We use Solaris 8 and we use the machine a management server for our networ
k.
> There are no users fetching their mail from there.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Hans

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Anti Virus on Sun Solaris
    ... > We are looking to implement an AntiVirus Solution for a Sendmail Mail Server ... The mails must get scanned and filtered at the Mail Server ... > Micro's Interscan VirusWall for Solaris. ... Interscan can be made to work on the same machine as Sendmail. ...
    (Focus-SUN)
  • Re: HP announces new Integrity servers
    ... Main, Kerry wrote: ... The one-app, one server ... That's not a difference between the Itanic platform and the ... Yes, Solaris is also available, but as I stated earlier, every Solaris ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Slow sftp transfer speed vs ftp
    ... with Solaris 9) I am transfering at 300 kb/sec. ... on both client and server. ... # The sshd shipped in this release of Solaris has support for major versions ... # Banner to be printed before authentication starts. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: HP announces new Integrity servers
    ... Main, Kerry wrote: ... The one-app, one server ... If they choose x86 whatever, ... Yes, Solaris is also available, but as I stated earlier, every Solaris ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • remsh permission denied
    ... IPMP on solaris 8 issue!!! ... NFS server and ipfilter ... The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments ... Solaris 10, Oracle 10G, Shared Memory Segments ...
    (SunManagers)