Re: How to forward all e-mail from Solaris box to a .......
From: Solaris 電子妖精 (none_at_none.com)
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:53:32 +0800
Suppose you are using your the original Sendmail 8.11.X. bundled in your
Solaris 8 .
Your Solaris 8 will be acting as a MTA (Mail Transfer Agent) to re-route
(forward) the mails that it received to the target destination host (Your
1. let's we have a check to your /etc/mail/sendmail.cf file in your Solaris
box. Your sendmial.cf must contains the following.
# Mailer table (overriding domains)
Kmailertable dbm /etc/mail/mailertable
Mesmtp, P=[IPC], F=mDFMuXa, S=EnvFromSMTP/HdrFromSMTP, R=EnvToSMTP, E=\r\n,
2. Now in the /etc/mail/mailertable. Add the following line.
3. Then compile your mailertable in dbm format. You must do this step if you
make any changes to mailertable file whenever possible.
# makemap dbm /etc/mail/mailertable < /etc/mail/mailertable
4. Make sure "yourdomain.com" and "yourmsexchangehost.yourdomain.com" have
been added to your "/etc/mail/relay-domains" file in your Solaris box.
Otherwise the host that will receive mail on port 25 will not accept any
mail for that domain.
5. Restart Sendmail. The Sendmail software now acting as a MTA to re-route
(forward) any email for your "yourdomain.com" to your
6. Make sure your DNS MX record is pointing to your Solaris 8 box. And your
Solaris 8 box can resolve the valid DNS information successfully.
6.5. The above configuration re-routes the entire domain for you. That is
not neccessary to create any username account in your Solaris 8 box.
"Amigo" <email@example.com> 撰寫於郵件新聞
> Unfortunately I am forced to ask help to forward all e-mail to a exchange
> For you hard core UNIX guru愀: this server is a mail server with an far
> inferieur product form some company out of Seattle.
> We use Solaris 8 and we use the machine a management server for our networ
> There are no users fetching their mail from there.
> Thanks in advance,