Re: documenting our Sun Boxes information

From: John Thomas - Lucent ASCC Cary (jthomas_at_ascc01.ascc.lucent.com)
Date: 06/18/03

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:01:26 -0400

Mini wrote:
> I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. We use Solaris
> 7 and Solaris at our place. Do any of you have a spreadsheet or chart you
> can share here? What kind of information do you usually document?
>
> Thanks, Mini

We use Configuration & Service Tracker, free from Sun. Gathers all sorts of
info on the 50+ boxes running 2.6 thru 2.9 we have. Allows for editing
of events so that you have a record of everything that happens to each
machine and why. Took me 4 hours to install the server (NetraT1-105)
and all 50 clients.

--
---
I never learned anything while I was talking. - Anonymous

Relevant Pages

  • Re: documenting our Sun Boxes information
    ... "Mini" schrieb im Newsbeitrag ... > I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: documenting our Sun Boxes information
    ... > I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. ... > 7 and Solaris at our place. ... > Thanks, Mini ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • documenting our Sun Boxes information
    ... I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. ... We use Solaris ... Do any of you have a spreadsheet or chart you ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: ufsdump on remote tape drive.
    ... > I have three sun boxes A,B & C. ... > Box A: solaris 2.6 ... > The boxes A & B both have tape drives. ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: ipf, Sunscreen or ?
    ... >> I would really like to get a software firewall running on some of my ... >> sun boxes but was burned awhile back by ipf (could have been a ... is included with Solaris 8. ...
    (Focus-SUN)