Re: documenting our Sun Boxes information

From: John Thomas - Lucent ASCC Cary (
Date: 06/18/03

Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:01:26 -0400

Mini wrote:
> I am trying to document information about all our Sun boxes. We use Solaris
> 7 and Solaris at our place. Do any of you have a spreadsheet or chart you
> can share here? What kind of information do you usually document?
> Thanks, Mini
We use Configuration & Service Tracker, free from Sun. Gathers all sorts of
info on the 50+ boxes running 2.6 thru 2.9 we have. Allows for editing
of events so that you have a record of everything that happens to each
machine and why. Took me 4 hours to install the server (NetraT1-105)
and all 50 clients.

I never learned anything while I was talking. - Anonymous
John M. Thomas
R&D System Administrator