Re: SunSSH in Solaris 9 problems connecting to a Linksys router problem

From: Coy Hile (hile_at_cse.psu.edu)
Date: 01/10/05

Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 15:33:35 -0500

Geoff Lane wrote:
> Coy Hile <hile@cse.psu.edu> wrote:
>
>>I've seen the same sorts of issues (SUN ssh that ships with solaris 9
>>being broken). The issue we saw most often here is that whatever
>>windwos client machines were using coudln't connect to Sun's solaris 9
>>sshd. It appears that the particular version of the OpenSSH tree that
>>Sun used under solaris 9 was old and broken.
>

> Recently I was setting up a Sol9 cluster that is accessed by a number of
> Windows users. They had no problems at all using putty on windows to access
> the Sol9 systems (all using standard Sun sshd.) They even discovered and
> used X forwarding with Exceed without any problems.

Roger that. I think the problems we ran into were caused by the
combination of Sun sshd and whatever client was/is installed in the
university computing labs

--
Coy Hile
hile@cse.psu.edu

Relevant Pages

  • hanging problems with sshd openssh 5.[12]
    ... We have built the last few versions of openssh for Solaris using the following config. ... They all work fine with rsh or ssh as long as sshd isn't 5.1 or later. ... UsePrivilegeSeparation yes ... ForwardAgent no ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Openssh, kerberos and Solaris 10
    ... if the problem is the Solaris 10 sshd is not saving ... other is used by pam :-( The man pages are not consistent ... rather live with this then to have to build OpenSSH and MIT Kerberos ... Solaris 10's sshd uses PAM, ...
    (comp.protocols.kerberos)
  • Re: SSH Server
    ... > Is there a binary of sshd available for Solaris 8 Sparc. ... > recommend that we start using ssh instead of telnet. ... Go to www.blastwave.org for more than 500+ solaris software packages. ... Load depends on what kind of box you are putting these stuff up on. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: SSHD with Secured authentication, using RSA PAM client
    ... Has anyone got ssh to authenticate to SecureID? ... You have make sure your sshd is pam enabled. ... It has nothing to do with Solaris. ...
    (Focus-SUN)