Re: stty & cron

From: Toni Erdmann (for-spammers-only_at_web.de)
Date: 06/09/05

Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:31:39 +0200

billbose wrote:
> I've got some ksh scripts that when run via a cron job, the output
> includes
> the following:
>
> stty: : No such device or address
>
> This doesn't happen when the script is run in a terminal session.
>
> Can this output be suppressed?

man stty

  stty - change and print terminal line settings

-> with cron, your script is not controled by a tty (=terminal),
    so 'stty' can't manipulate or show the terminal settings

Toni

Relevant Pages

  • SUMMARY: cron script
    ... The "stty" call produced the SIGTTOU since no stty is attached. ... >>I've a litte script wich I'd like to start periodical as cron job. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • rlogin via expect mysteriously aborts when run from cron
    ... I'm not sure whether this is a problem related to shell, ... I have an application which, at some point, executes a zsh script. ... When investigating the output which was sent to me from the cron job ... I had one case where even a command ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: Keystrokes go missing after script exits
    ... You can fix this with "stty ... can I put that as the last command in my script and not have the ... Probably the most general solution: Rename the original script and ... # This is broadly similar to just calling "stty sane" but it copes better ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: How can I run cron job at 12o clock every night on my RH Linux machine?
    ... > How can I run cron job in Linux, I need to run some job automatically ... > every night at 12'o clock on my RH Linux machine. ... These four commands I need to place in that script. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Cron jobs run out of memory?
    ... > (the script is attached to this e-mail). ... > cron job has failed, but running the program manually worked fine: ... -/+ buffers/cache: 169532 346776 ... Swap: 497968 274256 223712 ...
    (Debian-User)