Re: An Open Letter to Sun Microsystems

From: Casper H.S. Dik (Casper.Dik_at_Sun.COM)
Date: 07/21/05

Date: 21 Jul 2005 19:46:27 GMT

Bernd Haug <haug@berndhaug.net> writes:

>Please don't take this as personally disrespectful, it's just a tongue-
>in-cheek observation about Mr. Schwartz's way of blogpraganda and Sun in
>general.

>I certainly don't agree with the OP (it's quite a nice box for little money,
>IMO!),

Well, I can see some point in the $/month; but I'm not sure if it's false
advertising.

>1) The way Mr. Schwartz brushes aside the international market ("we know
> it's US only, sit on it") is a bit concise for somebody who *really*
> likes to go on (and on and on and on) about some "digital divide".

True; I'm sure many of us are unhappy with the way that some of
these programs are US only.

(And that some people are somewhat dissatisfied with the difficulty
for individuals to do business with Sun; when we still had Sun Express
we did such things much more efficiently, but at a cost of having
special Sun Express warehouses)

>3) Actually implementing the missing ERP features before publishing(!) an
> offer that can't be made for technical reasons without them, then
> reneging on the exact offer - that's not too professional looking.[0]

We seem to be getting a tradition of announcing stuff we haven't
completely figured out yet :-)

Casper

--
Expressed in this posting are my opinions.  They are in no way related
be fiction rather than truth.