Re: New Solaris 10 patch procedure

From: Alan Coopersmith (alanc_at_alum.calberkeley.org)
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:25:54 +0000 (UTC)

Matty <mattyml@daemons.net> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|I REALLY wish Sun would provide Solaris 10 Recommended patch bundles.

They were released in late July and are on SunSolve now.

|It seems to me like they are ignoring numerous customer requests to provide
|these (I know of at least 3 people who have pinged their sales team to
|request these). :(

No requests were being ignored - it just took longer than usual to get
them started because they had to do additional work such as making the
install_cluster script work with zones and other new Solaris 10 changes.

(It often takes a couple of months after any new Solaris release to have
 enough recommended patches to make a recommended cluster worthwhile.)

Alan Coopersmith * alanc@alum.calberkeley.org * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM
 http://www.csua.berkeley.edu/~alanc/   *   http://blogs.sun.com/alanc/

  • s and S run levels
    ... Please find the below run level in solaris. ... Solaris 10 recommended patches (Brent) ... prstat 99% more info ... Sun StorEdge DAT 72 Tape Drive ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Available immdeate Vijay for Unix Admin with sun Solories Expireance.@217-241-2015
    ... 6+ years of professional IT experience in Unix System Administrator ... implementation, connectivity and maintenance on Sun Solaris, Veritas ... User Administration, ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Oracle, Solaris, Sparc and Linux
    ... buyout of Sun, that Oracle would destroy Solaris and the hardware ... To which Linux are they migrating? ... that Oracle would destroy Solaris and the hardware aspects ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • RE: sunmanagers Digest, Vol 3, Issue 23
    ... xtrem command not open terminal with root login ... sun performance measurement shell script ... ODBC driver for Solaris 8. ... host not found) ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: OT: Comparison of Unix systems and window managers
    ... I currently run Solaris 9 on a Sun Ultra 2 as my main workstation. ... Both run dual CPUs, but the Ultra-60 uses PCI ... Sun Fire 280R which happens to have dual 900 MHz ...
    (rec.crafts.metalworking)