Re: New Solaris 10 patch procedure

From: Alan Coopersmith (
Date: 08/08/05

Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 18:25:54 +0000 (UTC)

Matty <> writes in comp.unix.solaris:
|I REALLY wish Sun would provide Solaris 10 Recommended patch bundles.

They were released in late July and are on SunSolve now.

|It seems to me like they are ignoring numerous customer requests to provide
|these (I know of at least 3 people who have pinged their sales team to
|request these). :(

No requests were being ignored - it just took longer than usual to get
them started because they had to do additional work such as making the
install_cluster script work with zones and other new Solaris 10 changes.

(It often takes a couple of months after any new Solaris release to have
 enough recommended patches to make a recommended cluster worthwhile.)

Alan Coopersmith * * Alan.Coopersmith@Sun.COM   *