Re: SunFire-V210 and disk size...

The disk could be bad.

See if you have hardware errors with
# iostat -En

Every once in a while I will get a bad one out of the box.

  • Re: Iostat Question (OSF1)
    ... >The output from this example displays cpu, terminal, and disk ... The iostat Command ... The following example shows disk statistics gathered every five ... show statistics for the terminal, disks, and CPU ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Is this disk healthy or about to die ??
    ... -E doesn't suggest the disk is experiencing ongoing issues (see iostat ... I can access the slice mounted on the disk with no issues.... ... Fidessa plc - Registered office: ... Dukes Court, Duke Street, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5BH, United Kingdom ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Help ZFS FreeBSD 8.0 RC2 Write performance issue
    ... You didn't give any "iostat" statistics - I suspect that if you ... number will vary depending on your disk speed and how much ARC you have. ... Your io/ifstat data is very long but you didn't say if you observed ... hiccups in network performance during heavy IO times? ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: zfs - move pool to new device?
    ... compare zpool iostat and plain iostat on each disk itself. ... tin tout kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv kps tps serv us sy ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Determining whether or not a SCSI disk is in use
    ... I'm sorry, I'm an idiot - the script, in its current incarnation, ... do - it will shut down the disk if there was activity. ... Well, iostat updating did seem to be largely cached, so I'm not sure what the best way is of approaching this problem. ... I sure wish the FreeBSD kernel team would work something out where the hard disk would sleep after a period of time in the kernel ACPI wise>_<. ...
    (freebsd-questions)