Re: cron job help

sunfire2005@xxxxxxxxx writes:
>Hi all,
>
>Is there a way to run a cron job on every 3rd saturday at 11am. Since
>every 3rd saturday falls on a different date I am not sure what to do.
>Will the below cron job run every 3rd saturday.
>
>0 11 15,16,17,18,19,20,21 * 6 /usr/sbin/shutdown -g0 -y -i6

Run the cron job every saturday. The cron job is a script that
checks if the date is between the 15th and 21st inclusive. If so,
the script runs the command. If not, the script does nothing.

-Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

  • rlogin via expect mysteriously aborts when run from cron
    ... I'm not sure whether this is a problem related to shell, ... I have an application which, at some point, executes a zsh script. ... When investigating the output which was sent to me from the cron job ... I had one case where even a command ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • Re: How can I run cron job at 12o clock every night on my RH Linux machine?
    ... > How can I run cron job in Linux, I need to run some job automatically ... > every night at 12'o clock on my RH Linux machine. ... These four commands I need to place in that script. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Cron jobs run out of memory?
    ... > (the script is attached to this e-mail). ... > cron job has failed, but running the program manually worked fine: ... -/+ buffers/cache: 169532 346776 ... Swap: 497968 274256 223712 ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: CRON or HTTP?
    ... or as an Apache module, there will be more information in $_SERVER. ... a script can be run from BOTH a cron job and a HTTP request: ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: script doesnt work when run as cron job
    ... >It should be mailed to you (or root, or whoevers' cron job it is). ... Earlier you posted this bit of script: ... >and this extract from the log files: ... Attempting to start rsync ...
    (comp.unix.shell)