Re: Possible to burn CD that is readable on both Windows & Solaris?

christopher.tidy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> If you can burn the CD on a Sun machine, try this:
>
> mkisofs -rU /home/foo 2>/dev/null | cdrw -i
>
> The "U" stops it screwing up your long file names. It works every time
> for me and creates CDs readable on a PC.

Carl and christopher,

Unfortunately, I don't have a CD burner on my Blade 100 :(...

Jim

  • Re: Possible to burn CD that is readable on both Windows & Solaris?
    ... If you can burn the CD on a Sun machine, ... The "U" stops it screwing up your long file names. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: good cd/dvd burner for ubuntu
    ... the default brasero sucks. ... iv ruined two cds trying to burn lucid. ... it stops when creating the checksum after the burn operation? ... I wonder whether either you have a hardware issue or the CDs are ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: good cd/dvd burner for ubuntu
    ... the default brasero sucks. ... iv ruined two cds trying to burn lucid. ... it stops when creating the checksum after the burn operation? ... I wonder whether either you have a hardware issue or the CDs are ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: good cd/dvd burner for ubuntu
    ... If so I wonder whether either you have a hardware ... high a burn speed for the CDs. ... yes it stops when creating checksum after the burn operation. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • burncd fails: Input output error
    ... For testing purpose I'm trying to remake and burn the FreeBSD 6.1 CD ... #1 iso image. ... I've put the CD in drive 0 (acd0) and: ... (the process never stops) ...
    (freebsd-questions)