Re: Installing GCC...

contracer11@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
>> contracer11@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>> I'm trying install gcc in my Ultra 5, but I get this message:
>>>
>>> # ./configure
>>> creating cache ./config.cache
>>> checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>>> checking target system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>>> checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.10
>>> checking for a BSD compatible install... ./install-sh -c
>>> ./configure: cc: not found
>>> *** The command 'cc -o conftest -g conftest.c' failed.
>>> *** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.
>>>
>>> Please, can you tell me what's wrong ?
>>> What I need make to be succefull in this installation ?
>>>
>> gcc is already preinstalled as /usr/sfw/bin/gcc. If you add this
>> directory to your PATH you can configure and compile your own gcc. But
>> be aware that using the Solaris as and ld is strongly recommended over
>> gas and gld.
>>
>> Tom
>
> Not founded... Maybe need I reinstall Solaris 10 ?
>
> # ls /usr/sfw/bin/g*
> /usr/sfw/bin/gegrep /usr/sfw/bin/gsdj
> /usr/sfw/bin/getafm /usr/sfw/bin/gsdj500
> /usr/sfw/bin/gfgrep /usr/sfw/bin/gslj
> /usr/sfw/bin/ggrep /usr/sfw/bin/gslp
> /usr/sfw/bin/gimpprint-config /usr/sfw/bin/gsnd
> /usr/sfw/bin/glib-config /usr/sfw/bin/gtar
> /usr/sfw/bin/gs /usr/sfw/bin/gtk-config
> /usr/sfw/bin/gsbj

$ pkgchk -l -p /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
NOTE: Couldn't lock the package database.
Pathname: /usr/sfw/bin/gcc
Type: linked file
Source of link: ../../../usr/sfw/bin/sparc-sun-solaris2.10-gcc-3.4.3
Referenced by the following packages:
SUNWgcc
Current status: installed

No - don't reinstall. Just add the package SUNWgcc from the packages
directory of your Solaris install media. See "man pkgadd".

Tom

  • Re: dist-upgrade problem (was Re: /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found)
    ... Reading package fields... ... i t does not have execute permission ... installation script returned error exit status 100. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Trying to get PackMan to install GCC
    ... A repository can be tested consistent (ie all dependencies of all programs ... control, but RISC OS shared libraries (which are essentially ready, just ... Additional filecan describe what the package manager ... Readmes after installation, or the app needs to do something sensible on ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >, and who is going to supply this documentation. ... > is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... tell me, as an installation option for some large packages, what was ... >>a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: bits/news from the users of Debian?
    ... "Le bottin des jeux Linux" speaks about 800 Linux games and i hope that's growing. ... I start with Debian, then test Mandrake because it seem's at this time very complicated. ... I think graphics interface for installation is a good thing: you have make a good job! ... I use Debian Sid and I have experiment a lot of problem some years ago because i install too recent package on Sid which are not well tested. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
    ... : An error occurred while setup was trying to ... verify the version of Microsoft Data Access Components ... package returned FALSE, or there was a fatal error while ... installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)