Re: Fonts installation

Wes Williams wrote:

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:

Sameer wrote:

How to install a new TTF font in Solaris 10?

If "TTF" means "True Type Font", I believe it's a Microsoft product and not supported by Sun!

However, there should be a blog entry somewhere, I think by one of Sun's bloggers, on how to install TTF into the .fonts directory and running a command to initialize them. I'd provide more info. it I had it at hand...

All right. I just did that.

Second entry was:
http://developers.sun.com/dev/gadc/techtips/adding_fonts.html

The moral of this story is:

Google before you post!

  • Re: Fonts installation
    ... not supported by Sun! ... However, there should be a blog entry somewhere, I think by one of Sun's bloggers, on how to install TTF into the .fonts directory and running a command to initialize them. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • SN#20889 Fishworks: Now it can be told
    ... SYSTEM NEWS FOR SUN USERS ... Bryan Cantrill Tells The Inside Story ... blog entry that tells the story of the origin of the project that has ... Have a custom version of 'System News for Sun Users' delivered to you ...
    (comp.sys.sun.announce)