Re: Solaris 10 x86

Well if you can afford to buy a 4x1,2 Mhz Sparc machine (i think it
will be something around 20000 US$ new). GCC is the slowest compiler
on earth - we all now this.

And as for me also what counts is compile time (or better
edit-compile-test cycle) i had to skip linux and move to Microsofts
Visual C++, with precompiled headers its just the best c/c++ compiler
(not IDE !) and it can do OpenMP too.

For me Sun's c compiler was also never an option because it is
nitpicking and not able to compile a lot of bad but widely used common
C code. I don't know any other c compiler that had this problem.

.