Re: Son processes don't die when father die..

I've tried yesterday and yes that's work if your commands are not piped
commands...

What's the real difference beetween 1 and nohup in a script ?
How to make background commands no to be attached to init ?

Regards

  • =?ISO-8859-1?Q?New_System_Command_Script_Facility?=
    ... I'm currently finished writing a new replacement command script processor ... (at least that RACF thinks so, and better support for non-RACF sites). ... The IF-type commands now have ELSE processing ... non-scroll highlighted console message and BEEP until a specific JOB or TASK ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Command Line Interface
    ... >> should accept system commands only for an administrator. ... >> how should I supress the bash shell and launch my custom CLI ... > The script could run in a restricted shell and offer a menu of ... account, and either 1) change account password, 2) ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Net::Telnet and SMTP
    ... I'm trying to send a sequence of commands and then log both the ... I've included the script and a sample text file (that feeds the scripts ... sub processfile { ... #Try a short delay between sending command and reading output ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: [opensuse] Need some help with a script
    ... Need some help with a script ... arcane and tortured hypothetical scenarios beggar belief. ... Without dot in path, they can't. ... generally ensures somehow that the various commands ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Creative ways to time scripts?
    ... commands, but commands that also don't do anything. ... The script could be for either. ... Either in a single program or systemwide (in Windows of ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)