Re: Partly installed patches

Thomas Maier-Komor wrote:
Martin Paul wrote:
The patch system in Solaris has an inherent deficiency. If packages are
added to a Solaris installation after patches have been installed, files
in this new package may be left unpatched. There's no easy way to find
out whether a system is affected with any system command.

I'm attaching a script which identifies these issues. I'd be interested
in the results on other systems. If it comes up empty, everything is fine.
If it shows lines like "Package SUNWjfbw is missing 114555-31" then you
might want to re-install the named patch. Please report your findings
here or by e-mail. If needed, I'll add the functionality to detect those
partly installed patches to pca.

Here's the script:
[snip]
mp.

Hi Martin,

on three Solaris 10/sparc machines I get:
Package SUNWpsvrr is missing 119788-02
Package SUNWpsvru is missing 119788-02

I just tried backing it out and reinstalling it. But I get:

Executing prebackout script...
This patch should not be removed.
It was used to install Sun Update connection.
If you still want to remove it, please remove:
/var/sadm/patch/119788-02/prebackout
prebackout script exited with return code 1.
Patchrm is exiting.

The infamous Update Connection doesn't really seem to like admins who do
work on their own. Any idea how to deal with this?

Tom

  • Re: dist-upgrade problem (was Re: /etc/modutils/0keep: line 9: keep: command not found)
    ... Reading package fields... ... i t does not have execute permission ... installation script returned error exit status 100. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Trying to get PackMan to install GCC
    ... A repository can be tested consistent (ie all dependencies of all programs ... control, but RISC OS shared libraries (which are essentially ready, just ... Additional filecan describe what the package manager ... Readmes after installation, or the app needs to do something sensible on ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Finding installed package files
    ... >, and who is going to supply this documentation. ... > is a package with the common man pages for the thousand odd common commands ... tell me, as an installation option for some large packages, what was ... >>a set of commands and 'man' pages, could produce such a directory to make it ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: bits/news from the users of Debian?
    ... "Le bottin des jeux Linux" speaks about 800 Linux games and i hope that's growing. ... I start with Debian, then test Mandrake because it seem's at this time very complicated. ... I think graphics interface for installation is a good thing: you have make a good job! ... I use Debian Sid and I have experiment a lot of problem some years ago because i install too recent package on Sid which are not well tested. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Security Update for Microsoft Data Access Components (KB832483)
    ... : An error occurred while setup was trying to ... verify the version of Microsoft Data Access Components ... package returned FALSE, or there was a fatal error while ... installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)