Re: Solaris-10, sendmail, and SASL

In <J17uMA.J8t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> "Charles Lindsey" <chl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Solaris 10 (January 06) comes with sendmail-8.13.4.

You're missing a patch. My Solaris 10 1/06 machine has 8.13.6+Sun.

Now we all know that it is considered good practice to send your email via
your ISP's 'smarthost' (otherwise it may get rejected as spam because you
are on some DUL list).

And any decent ISP's smarthost will expect you to authenticate yourself
before it allows you to relay through it.

So why, oh Why, oh WHY have Sun supplied a sendmail compiled without the
-DSASL option?????????

It looks okay here:

$ ldd /usr/lib/sendmail | grep sasl
libsasl.so.1 => /usr/lib/libsasl.so.1

The patch for Solaris 10 SPARC is 122856-01. It should be freely
available.

--
-Gary Mills- -Unix Support- -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

  • Re: pathetic patches
    ... install the Solaris 10 Recommended Patch Cluster a couple of times ... Almost all patches gave a return status of 45 - ... After that I gave up trying to patch Solaris 10 ... follows every attempt to install Solaris 10 patches... ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Solaris downloads
    ... its as if you never existed - you have to login all over again. ... Use firefox on Solaris or even Linux to get the images. ... Because it installs with the rest of Nevada and Solaris 10 u5? ... Patch 120186-16.zip is only 273116832 bytes in size. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: patchadd on Solaris 10 fcs release
    ... I'm facing installation error for same patch with same commands ... Suggest me how to overcome this error in solaris 10 or any altarnative ... from the observation that I had patches for Studio 11 fail in Solaris ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: OT: security flaw in Solaris and Trusted Solaris
    ... >> well Andrew, VMS would have handled this a little differently ... ... The Solaris sadmin deamon is more closely comparable to VMS' ... Unless the wording in that patch is extremely clear then ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: Patch 840374 wird vom SUS nicht an die Clients weitergegeben
    ... das der Patch wirlklich "approved" ist ?!? ... Due to high frequency of spam, viruses and malware all e-mails sent to this ... > Warum also in aller Welt ziehen die Clients diesen Patch nicht? ... Freigegeben wurde der am SUS vor ca. 2 Wochen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.win2000.gruppen_richtlinien)