Re: Solaris-10, sendmail, and SASL

In <J17uMA.J8t@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> "Charles Lindsey" <chl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Solaris 10 (January 06) comes with sendmail-8.13.4.

You're missing a patch. My Solaris 10 1/06 machine has 8.13.6+Sun.

Now we all know that it is considered good practice to send your email via
your ISP's 'smarthost' (otherwise it may get rejected as spam because you
are on some DUL list).

And any decent ISP's smarthost will expect you to authenticate yourself
before it allows you to relay through it.

So why, oh Why, oh WHY have Sun supplied a sendmail compiled without the
-DSASL option?????????

It looks okay here:

$ ldd /usr/lib/sendmail | grep sasl => /usr/lib/

The patch for Solaris 10 SPARC is 122856-01. It should be freely

-Gary Mills- -Unix Support- -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-