Re: cpio

tinku wrote:
Hi Unix gurus,
I would like to have some examples of cpio
command which will backup a my home directory to another disk on my
system plz give the syntax or an example how to backup i am struggling
plz help me new to solaris.

i am using sun solaris10 and i have one disk c0t0d0s4 where my home
direcotry resides which is /export/home/myhome and i would like to
backup it up on to another disk c0t2d0s5 slice and to a backup folder
named bkp on that particular slice.

it would be better if u give an example to me..

Thanks for all suggestions in advance.

cd /export/home/myhome
find . -depth -print | cpio -pdmv /bkp

  • >>> DISK BACKUP <<<
    ... disk to disk backup ... backup ps2 hard disk ... disk to disk backup software ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Replacing Notebook Hard Drive
    ... both the disk cloning & disk imaging capabilities of the ATI program. ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... can take to back up the entire contents of one's day-to-day working HDD, ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Replacing Notebook Hard Drive
    ... both the disk cloning & disk imaging capabilities of the ATI program. ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... can take to back up the entire contents of one's day-to-day working HDD, ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Acronis and new disk
    ... with using the disk copying/disk cloning programs such as the MaxBlast ... contents of your 40 GB HDD to your new 120 GB HDD rather than creating a ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)