Re: cpio

tinku wrote:
Hi Unix gurus,
I would like to have some examples of cpio
command which will backup a my home directory to another disk on my
system plz give the syntax or an example how to backup i am struggling
plz help me new to solaris.

i am using sun solaris10 and i have one disk c0t0d0s4 where my home
direcotry resides which is /export/home/myhome and i would like to
backup it up on to another disk c0t2d0s5 slice and to a backup folder
named bkp on that particular slice.

it would be better if u give an example to me..

Thanks for all suggestions in advance.

cd /export/home/myhome
find . -depth -print | cpio -pdmv /bkp

  • >>> DISK BACKUP <<<
    ... disk to disk backup ... backup ps2 hard disk ... disk to disk backup software ...
    (rec.music.hip-hop)
  • Re: Folder security. FAT to ntfs?
    ... it is recommended you backup your critical ... a clean system BEFORE you start.. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... application, Disk copier, etc.) You'll be glad to know that if you have ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Replacing Notebook Hard Drive
    ... both the disk cloning & disk imaging capabilities of the ATI program. ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... can take to back up the entire contents of one's day-to-day working HDD, ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Replacing Notebook Hard Drive
    ... both the disk cloning & disk imaging capabilities of the ATI program. ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ... can take to back up the entire contents of one's day-to-day working HDD, ... With both hard drives connected, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: OT-True Image Backup
    ... Make sure the USB drives file system is NTFS and not FAT32.. ... Jaymon is correct in that the disk image you create and save to the D: ... partition of your USB external HDD will have no effect on the other ... Step-by-Step Instructions for Using the Acronis True Image Program to Backup ...