Re: man find

Richard B. Gilbert wrote:
Sashi wrote:
All, I'm using Solaris 5.8 and man find shows me the man page for the
C++ find function in the STL.
How do I get man to show me the find for the shell?
TIA,
Sashi

Check your MANPATH. and try man -s1 find.

Thanks, all, for your suggestions which have been a big help.
Sashi

  • manpages & MANPATH redux
    ... I'm using bash. ... using what I know a little of than trying to learn a new shell. ... $MANPATH in Mac OS X see "man manpath". ... The universe may have a purpose, but nothing we know suggests that, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: something: DESTDIR is not a user settable variable
    ... >>Hi Gilbert! ... The funny bit in this story is that it does ... >>not always happen and the same package may work in one shell and fail ... If my fix is to open a new shell, ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: mask gets_chomp ?
    ... On 05.03.2007 14:15, Rebhan, Gilbert wrote: ... i have a script that uses a password as input. ... in the shell. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: advantages of ultra 25 over blade100?
    ... On Thu, 28 Feb 2008, Richard B. Gilbert wrote: ... print instead of lp, copy instead of cp, rename instead of mv. ... you had to type a couple of extra characters but the result was a hell of a ... lot more "people readable" than any Unix shell. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Problem with root user
    ... Richard B. Gilbert wrote: ... another O/S! ... Windows perhaps? ... YOU may use any shell, as root, or set any shell as root's default but ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)