Re: ACLs on directories

In article <1156903941.188842.286430@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
<victorfeng1973@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
It appears nothing wrong. Is it necessary to put
group:foo:rwx #effective:rwx
default:group:foo:rwx
there since foo is the group owner?

I can replicate without the directory userid/groupid to foo:foo.
# mkdir bar
# chown root:root bar
# chmod u+rwx,g+rwx,o+rx bar
# cat <<EOF | setfacl -f - bar
user::rwx
group::rwx #effective:rwx
group:foo:rwx #effective:rwx
mask:rwx
other:r-x
default:user::rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:foo:rwx
default:mask:rwx
default:other:r-x
EOF

I think the directory ACLs are correct though fsck(1M) insists
on clearing them. The resulting file ACLs are as I want them
and are left untouched by fsck(1M).

$ touch bar/bar.txt
$ getfacl bar/bar.txt

# file: bar/bar.txt
# owner: foo
# group: foo
user::rw-
group::rw- #effective:rw-
group:foo:rwx #effective:rw-
mask:rw-
other:r--

John
groenveld@xxxxxxx

  • Re: Insert with response
    ... FooBar, there's no way and no need to put them in synch. ... column in the foo table to 250 calumns in the bar table. ... set statistics time off ...
  • Re: Magic function
    ... processing objects created in root at depth 3 ... root obj2 at depth 3 ... processing objects created in foo at depth 2 ... processing objects created in bar at depth 0 ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Any Clojure users here?
    ... (let [my-list (foo x)] ... If the stack depth is N when you call baz, it's only N+3 in bar and N+2 ... It is N+3 in map, but map creates a lazy sequence object rather than ... a Java method call. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Closing parenthesis in functions definition followed by its call
    ... return [bar, foo]; ... Evaluating the ArrayLiteral, the identifiers `foo` and `bar` must be resolved. ... The identifier `foo` is resolved on the VO, however `bar` cannot be resolved to an identifier and so a ReferenceError is produced. ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)
  • Re: A Plain English Compiler
    ... MOVE bar TO foo ... in natural English appear to be absolutely required in this language: ... But in "Plain English" it is different: ...
    (comp.compilers)