solaris 9 install problem: mouse cursor frozen, arrow keys not working
- From: "Johna Perkins" <nnn4431@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 4 Sep 2006 18:15:36 -0700
After giving up on solaris 10 because of installation problems (see my
previous post) I inserted the latest solaris 9 DVD downloaded from sun
and booted up my blade 100 box (sparcv9).
The GUI came up, and I noticed that the mouse cursor was not moving. I
switched the KVM around and again the cursor was frozen, then rebooted
and repeated the install - again no change.
I moved past the first screen with the Spacebar key.
When I got the "Networking" screen I was presented with 2 choices -
Networked and Not Networked.
I was able to flip back and forth between these 2 choices with the Tab
key, but no matter what I tried I couldn't get to the Next button and
I tried all possible control and arrow keys, Space, Alt, Shift,
NumLock, Enter, etc... Nothing worked.
There is 1 important detail - I am using a standard PC-101 keyboard
attached to a KVM switch which is obviously different from the Sun
keyboards but that has not been a problem to install and run Solaris 8
in the past.
- Prev by Date: solaris 10 install: svc.startd: Could not exec() sulogin: No such file or directory
- Next by Date: Re: Accessing Windows desktop on Solaris9
- Previous by thread: solaris 10 install: svc.startd: Could not exec() sulogin: No such file or directory
- Next by thread: Re: solaris 9 install problem: mouse cursor frozen, arrow keys not working