Re: Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10?

On 2006-10-06, steeles <steeles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
under 10,

daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf

while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf

solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.

What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
rocommunity.

Please advise

My notes on this:

Solaris 10

Install the SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt and SUNWsmdoc packages.

cd /etc/sma/snmp
cp snmpd.conf snmpd.conf.dist
vi snmpd.conf
set rocommunity
set syslocation and syscontact
Add a line for sysdescr

Edit /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to allow UDP access on port 161 from the
management stations:

pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161
pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161

Restart the firewall:
svcadm restart ipfilter

Start it:
/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma start
(if this returns an error
/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma: /usr/bin/zonename: not found

then you will need to edit /etc/rc3.d/S82initsma - find the line
that reads:

ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`

and change it to:

if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ]; then
ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`
else
ZONENAME=.
fi
)

HTH

Ceri
--
That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.
-- Moliere