Re: Does anyone know how to configure SNMP on solaris 10?

On 2006-10-06, steeles <steeles@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
under 10,

daemon is under /usr/sfw/bin/snmpd
configureaiton file is under /etc/sma/snmp/snmpd.conf

while 9 it is using /usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx, /usr/lib/dmi/snmpXdmid
configuration is under /etc/snmp/conf/snmpd.conf

solaris 10 can't understand snmpd.conf from solaris 9.

What I want is I want NetPulse talk to Solaris 10 through snmp by a
rocommunity.

Please advise

My notes on this:

Solaris 10

Install the SUNWsmmgr, SUNWsmcmd, SUNWsmagt and SUNWsmdoc packages.

cd /etc/sma/snmp
cp snmpd.conf snmpd.conf.dist
vi snmpd.conf
set rocommunity
set syslocation and syscontact
Add a line for sysdescr

Edit /etc/ipf/ipf.conf to allow UDP access on port 161 from the
management stations:

pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161
pass in quick proto udp from XXXXXXXXXXXXX to any port = 161

Restart the firewall:
svcadm restart ipfilter

Start it:
/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma start
(if this returns an error
/etc/rc3.d/S82initsma: /usr/bin/zonename: not found

then you will need to edit /etc/rc3.d/S82initsma - find the line
that reads:

ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`

and change it to:

if [ -x /usr/bin/zonename ]; then
ZONENAME=`/usr/bin/zonename`
else
ZONENAME=.
fi
)

HTH

Ceri
--
That must be wonderful! I don't understand it at all.
-- Moliere

  • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
    ... ssh solaris "command to figure out what port you want" ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: New PCI QFE 501-5406 card in Ultra 30, for Don and others! :-)
    ... and unless you either put each port on a different one of these subnets, ... I had changed numerous files when I had to change the Linux ... It's part of my IP Filter, that was not a part of the Solaris ... Sun for the IP range assigned to the serial port box. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • SUMMARY: NIC configuration problem with SunFire V480
    ... install both ce0 and ce1 cards in order to have at least one working ... the test I made was to put the cable in my RJ45 port of my ... laptop, I forced the laptop to be in "100Mbps, full duplex" and the laptop was ... We just received a splendid SunFire V480 here, and I have performed a Solaris ...
    (SunManagers)
  • New Solaris user, has networking questions...
    ... I'm assuming this is the best place to get some advice on Solaris 10 ... the only Ethernet port visible under ... ifconfig is the elxl0 port, which is the built-in motherboard port. ... If I "plumb" the system it detects the 3Com card, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Creating dynamic tunnels using bash script (cygwin/solaris)
    ... I would do something like this (cygwin is my windows box having cygwin ... installed and solaris is a solaris based server): ... My problem is that the destination port is unknown at the time I create ... the ssh call. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)