solaris 10 clustering with java_es_05Q4

Hi,

I have just installed a 2 node cluster with the latest version of
Solaris and Solaris clustering software. It works and is up okay
(hooray!) but I am struggling with the shared filesystems concept:

The documentation says:

"The following table shows examples of names for the raw-disk-device
argument. Note that naming conventions differ for each volume manager.

Solstice DiskSuite or Solaris Volume Manager
/dev/md/nfs/rdsk/d1
Raw disk device d1 within the nfs disk set

SPARC: VERITAS Volume Manager
/dev/vx/rdsk/oradg/vol01
Raw disk device vol01 within the oradg disk group

None
/dev/global/rdsk/d1s3 Raw disk device d1s3"

Sorry that's not pasted well but it refers to these
/dev/global/rdsk/d1s3 type devices of which I can see loads. But I have
no idea what they are or how they work!! How do you map them to the
shared storage or place them in vfstab? I am quite confused.

Can anyone offer any of their experiences setting up shared storage
devices in a 2 node Solaris 10 cluster?

Thanks

Pete

  • A network printing question
    ... I administer a number of "clusters" of mixed Solaris 8 and Solari 5 ... Witihn each "cluster" one machie is conected to the corporate ... network devoted to thier primary purpose. ... The external facing machine can do DNS resolution for machines outside the ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: Domains for UNIX
    ... what they have in mind is a technology like the ... If you are not familiar with Windows Domains, ... > That word is many meanings in Solaris. ... > sharing of files between all nodes in the cluster as local files (like ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Wanted: mentor for setup of small Sun cluster
    ... image processing. ... Beowulf cluster in another department at my university. ... you'd better use the Open MPI for Sun as your parallel ... I should clarify that while I have used Solaris 8 and MPICH pretty ...
    (comp.parallel.mpi)
  • Re: Should Solaris version on Cluster console =Solaris version on Cluster nodes?
    ... of the same Solaris version compared to the Cluster nodes which are ... Nope i wouldnt say there is, i use ccp on a solaris 10 system to manage ... I have used a binary editor, bvi, and just hacked the ctelnet binary, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Wanted: mentor for setup of small Sun cluster
    ... I'm a grad student at a small college, researching parallel algorithms ... image processing. ... Beowulf cluster in another department at my university. ... I should clarify that while I have used Solaris 8 and MPICH pretty ...
    (comp.parallel.mpi)