Re: Telnet barring for particular user

Richard B. Gilbert <rgilbert88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Why do you assume that everyone should go to the trouble of using ssh?
I don't! I'm on an RFC-1918 private network, my wife knows the root
password and the rest of the world doesn't matter! It would be a
problem for me to use SSH anyway since, if I log in remotely, I do so
from a Windows system and it does not have ssh!

google for putty.

There is a problem with assuming a given network is secure so insecure apps
can be used. One day the network will not be secure and you may not even be
aware it happened.

--
Geoff Lane, Airstrip One

  • Re: Questions on secure remote access to Fedora Core 2
    ... not secure at all, because hostnames can be forged. ... The users should generate themselves key pairs for SSH access. ... on the server, work on it, and then send it back. ... Linux-based, then Network Block Devices are a good idea, too. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Pakistan to ban encryption software
    ... network you have access to (and of course, ... capture, which is illegal without said permission). ... But the point remains that general email is at least as secure as a letter, and that greater security than that is not generally warranted. ... card details are sold in batches as quickly as possible. ...
    (uk.legal)
  • Re: What security package for SBS?
    ... I have a secure Windows network. ... I also have a secure MacMini and on occasion a secure Ubuntu. ... With a business class firewall stripping crap off all incoming traffic and properly implemented security policies in addition to giving your users absolutely no admin rights, there is no reason to believe you can't create a secure Microsoft Network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wifi Security
    ... Then add in good practices and secure those endpoints! ... I have changed the security to WPA2 with a 128bit ... and attempt to break into her wireless internet connection. ... part of her network cannot do WPA2 but you actually want her network to ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • RE: One computer two different networks
    ... Internet connection and one an internal secure connection tempts one ... You have a private network with no Internet for the reason that you ... in Information Security. ...
    (Security-Basics)