Re: Fonts and remote login

aryzhov@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Fonts, normally, are a property of a local workstation that you are
logging in from, and fonts existing on the remote machine,
have no influence on the local X11 screen.

This was what I expected. But when I do a local login the local workstation offers more fonts than if I do the remote login. This is what puzzles me.

In the end, I solved the problem with the help of font server, as you advice.

Best,
Hana

  • Re: Fonts and remote login
    ... Fonts, normally, are a property of a local workstation that you are ... logging in from, and fonts existing on the remote machine, ... and X11 knowledge - just read man pages for "xfs", X Font Server. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: unreadable fonts with konqueror over X11
    ... OR install the remote machine as a X11 font server, ... "remote X servers" can get their fonts from the machine the application ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • ugly fonts in konqueror, ttf-arphic truetype fonts
    ... For CJK Latex to work with Chinese, I needed to install the ... and ttf-arphic-* are not on the DVD of the German version of Suse 8.1 ... some fonts on webpages in Konqueror look ugly (i.e. very ... How can you influence font substitution that may take ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: knode: fonts appear double-spaced.