Re: A5000 and qlogic
- From: Darren Dunham <ddunham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 16:24:22 GMT
Michael Vilain <vilain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In article <1170223291.095028.313370@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
"BL" <c50342182003@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a E250 and A5000 storage but I have no HBA card inside my E250
server. By the way, I have bought a qlogic 2100f from ebay. Can I use
it to connect the A5000?
I seem to recall that the SUN A5000 (aka photon) arrays used their own
SUN-branded interface. It wasn't standard Fibre protocol so you can't use a
Fibre HBA to connect to it.
I think you're thinking of the SSA (Sun Storage Array). Those ran at an
odd speed of something like 25MB/s and point-to-point only. The A5000
is normal FCAL.
I'm not sure if it needs special drivers though. This post seems to be
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx
Senior Technical Consultant TAOS http://www.taos.com/
Got some Dr Pepper? San Francisco, CA bay area
< This line left intentionally blank to confuse you. >
- Prev by Date: Re: Zfs fs and homedirectory
- Next by Date: Re: vcs manually move shared dg from node1 to node2
- Previous by thread: Re: Is there a "Three Strikes" lockout feature that can be used on Solaris 8?
- Next by thread: Re: A5000 and qlogic