C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables See `config.log' for more details.

Hello;
The Solaris environment is killing me...
I wanted to install Midnight Commander but I saw that it needs to be
compiled.

To compile Midnight Commander I downloaded gtk but I couldn`t install
gtk. Because it needed many other dependency packages.
I downloaded other dependency packages and I couldn`t have installed
even them.

I am really very angry at the moment.

Then I found something/script `pkg-get` from www.blaswave.org and run
it. Pkg-get installed many
things by downloading them somewhere from internet.

Actually I don`t know where am I now? Because when I run ./configure
to install/compile Midnight Commander, the following message appear:

bash-3.00#
bash-3.00# /Desktop/mc-4.6.1/configure
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /Desktop/mc-4.6.1/config/
install-sh -c
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of
Makefiles... no
checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.10
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error:
C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.
bash-3.00#

Could you please advise me how can I install by fixing that problem?

Regards

.