vi ? :))

Hello All,
I am studying solaris 10. I saw an internal editor as named "vi" in
Solaris.
I read some study notes about vi.

:) Is there anyone uses vi on the world? There are really stupid
commands to edit for a few words in a file.

Is there any useful normal text editors in Solaris which can be used
in black screen? (Simliar to edit.com in DOS).

....or, in real world, which way do people edit files in Solaris? I
mean, do u edit them from another computer/windows or do u install
another text editor or is there any built-in text editor in Solaris?

Thanks
TheKingOfSeljuk

  • Re: vi ? :))
    ... commands to edit for a few words in a file. ... Is there any useful normal text editors in Solaris which can be used ... another text editor or is there any built-in text editor in Solaris? ... Telling us that vi is "stupid" isn't going to get you anywhere. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Looking for SEDT source code
    ... If you've never used the DEC EDT editor I certainly don't suggest ... I have not yet tested the binary on Solaris 10. ... A few days ago I posted an article to the comp.unix.solaris newsgroup ... is there SEDT Solaris binary available (I know this is a VMS ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: vi ? :))
    ... I am studying solaris 10. ... commands to edit for a few words in a file. ... ....or, in real world, which way do people edit files in Solaris? ... another text editor or is there any built-in text editor in Solaris? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: vi ? :))
    ... I am studying solaris 10. ... I read some study notes about vi. ... commands to edit for a few words in a file. ... another text editor or is there any built-in text editor in Solaris? ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: vi ? :))
    ... I am studying solaris 10. ... commands to edit for a few words in a file. ... another text editor or is there any built-in text editor in Solaris? ... (now sun guru still employed by sun but now living ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)