Re: Install Oracle10g on Solaris 10 without Xwindows

pjlusenet@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've got a Sunfire v880 with Solaris 10 which has no frame buffer.
I need to install Oracle10g but apparently the installer needs
Xwindows.

Any ideas what my options are?

If you have a JET server
you might want to use a JET Module for Oracle 10g
as I've developed.
It installs and configures Oracle DB 10g
including maintenance packs and patch sets
Enterprise or Standard Edition or Custom
configures Oracle Net (Listener)
supplies a startup script for either /etc/init.d or SMF.
all unattended at jumpstart whithout Xwindows.
additional features can be developed upon request.

contact me over my homepage for further details.

Sven
http://www.hilmer-informatik.ch/

  • Re: Install Oracle10g on Solaris 10 without Xwindows
    ... I've got a Sunfire v880 with Solaris 10 which has no frame buffer. ... I need to install Oracle10g but apparently the installer needs ... Xwindows. ... The installation worked a treat so long as I connected as the 'oracle' ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Adding RAM
    ... About Oracle, I currently use Mysql for my TM databases but I have been ... Limited to a 4GB database but that should be adequate ... The rpm is easy to install and you get a nice tutorial to ... Here's the link to the Oracle-10g + Compiere installation on SuSE ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Upgrade 8i to 9i --- multiple oracle_base !!!!!!
    ... > it's own system owning account. ... > 1) Install one copy of the latest version of SQL-Backtrack into its own ... completely separate from any Oracle directories. ... > 2) Shutdown and cold backup both databases. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • RE: DBD::Oracle on Oracle 11g 64 bit fedora 10
    ... I am having some worries with a new install of fedora 10. ... I also installed oracle 11.1.0.7. ... Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ... Edinburgh Napier University is a registered Scottish charity. ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • RE: :Oracle install problem On Solaris 8
    ... I tried to reinstall the Oracle client. ... To: Hemanth Kumar; Michael Nhan ... Subject: RE::Oracle install problem On Solaris 8 ...
    (perl.dbi.users)