Re: Long process list

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2007-07-03 00:17:58 +0100, gerryt <lepsysinc@xxxxxxxxx> said:

# pargs -l 1076
pargs: target has corrupted argument list
Both systems as root or otherwise.
a truss of the process seems ok at first glance.

Check out line 1181 (etc) of
<http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/ptools/pargs/pargs.c>
to see why this text is appearing.

OpenGrok problems? I get 404 on all files at the moment....

I think the process is just scribbling junk to its argv array, which it
is quite at liberty to do AIUI.

"a" process is at liberty to do that, yes. But I don't think it's
common, certainly not for most OS processes. He's apparently getting
this on *all* processes he checks. That suggests to me something is
happening at a system level.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx

  • Re: Long process list
    ... target has corrupted argument list ... Both systems as root or otherwise. ... a truss of the process seems ok at first glance. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: SHOCKER: Minister Attacks Muslim Youths Input As "Crap" at Home Office Consultation
    ... played out by Blair's liars in politics and elsewhere. ... articulated the need to get to the root cause of the 'arc of Islamic ... the existence of and excludes the real issues from the agenda. ... "We may acquire liberty, but it is never recovered if it is once lost" ...
    (uk.politics.misc)
  • Re: What is this flower
    ... It has a huge root way down deep, unless you get that, ... Yours In Liberty, Melissa - Colorado, U.S.A. ... A subscriber Bill of Individual Rights with the goal of enlisting ...
    (rec.gardens)
  • Re: [SLE] Lost my password
    ... Log in as root and use yast>security and users>edit user settings to ... "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little ... temporary safety, ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Screen Resolution problem on FC4 (used to work OK on FC3)
    ... then log on as root suppling the password when asked. ... your at the CLI type something like 'init 5' without the quotes. ... -- "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ...
    (linux.redhat.install)