Re: Long process list

Chris Ridd <chrisridd@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2007-07-03 00:17:58 +0100, gerryt <lepsysinc@xxxxxxxxx> said:

# pargs -l 1076
pargs: target has corrupted argument list
Both systems as root or otherwise.
a truss of the process seems ok at first glance.

Check out line 1181 (etc) of
<http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/ptools/pargs/pargs.c>
to see why this text is appearing.

OpenGrok problems? I get 404 on all files at the moment....

I think the process is just scribbling junk to its argv array, which it
is quite at liberty to do AIUI.

"a" process is at liberty to do that, yes. But I don't think it's
common, certainly not for most OS processes. He's apparently getting
this on *all* processes he checks. That suggests to me something is
happening at a system level.

--
Darren Dunham ddunham@xxxxxxxx