scheduling again

hi all,

Although I didn't recieve may answers to my previous
questions abaout scheduling, I'll give it another try.

I have a system 99% idle and launch a while(1); process.
Why does it take more than a minute to reach 90% cpu
usage for that process? I expected it to get it from the very first
second because no other candidates were waiting for the cpu.

thanks for all answers.

  • Re: scheduling again
    ... Although I didn't recieve may answers to my previous ... questions abaout scheduling, ... I have a system 99% idle and launch a while; ... second because no other candidates were waiting for the cpu. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • [GIT PULL] Scheduler updates for v2.6.36
    ... adjust when cpu_active and cpuset configurations are updated during cpu on/offlining ... Change nohz idle load balancing logic to push model ... static inline int cpuset_init ... * In the semi idle case, use the nearest busy cpu for migrating timers ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [patch 4/7] sched: Change nohz ilb logic from pull to push model
    ... all idle CPUs indeed go into nohz mode. ... The kickee CPU does the idle load balancing on behalf of all idle CPUs ... Kicked cpu can be nearest idle core to the busy core. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [RFC] (How to) Let idle CPUs sleep
    ... turns out that if we restrict the amount of time idle cpus are ... cpu sleeps. ... * local timer ticks. ... +int idle_balance_retry ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Too many timer interrupts in NO_HZ
    ... CPU in an SMP server. ... However I am interested to see CPU idle times for couple minutes on ... There are way too many timer interrupts even though the CPUs have ... entered tickless idle loop. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)