Booting from the disk

we have an E250 in the office, and recently, problems with booting occurred. The boot device in EEPROM is set to "disk net", however, when I type just "boot", it tries to boot from the net. It's annoying because when the machine reboots from whatever reason, human intervention is necessary. What is the cause of this?

~> eeprom | grep boot
boot-file: data not available.
boot-device=disk net

Hana Skoumalova Charles University, Faculty of Arts
Institute of Theoretical
tel: +420 221619752 & Computational Linguistics (UTKL)
fax: +420 221619753 Celetna 13, 110 00 Praha 1 Czech Republic

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Satellite receiver Echostar DVR-5000 wont boot.....Help please
    ... One of the problems is that the Echostar DVR-5000 was not produced in any great numbers and the manufacturer or distibutor has ceased making or supporting their satellite receivers. ... I haven't managed to find ANY forum support for this receiver....and believe me I have looked. ... Even if I could get my hands on a "new" eeprom, it would be alittle rsiky trying to change it since it is SMD. ... If there is a "boot" eeprom somewhere it is likely to be difficult to change ...
  • flashing problems
    ... Some time ago I flashed into the EEPROM e vxWorks image using appupd. ... to be able to boot the kernel and my application from the network... ...
  • Re: Help with replacing the boot drive with Solstice DiskSuite
    ... Here's my complet eeprom settings as of now: ... >> intervention to boot. ... >> I can now type boot rootdisk at the OK prompt and the server boots fine, ...
  • Problems Booting TMS320VC5509A from serial EEPROM
    ... I can successfully boot from USB. ... EEPROM and it appears that the data is being stored in it correctly. ... EEPROMS but no luck. ...
  • Re: EEPROM boots w/o addressing
    ... Simple, low cost, EEPROM, that ... which boot block to boot, ... The EEPROM will establish comm ... by sending all the right stuff to an ARM ...