Booting from the disk

Hello,

we have an E250 in the office, and recently, problems with booting occurred. The boot device in EEPROM is set to "disk net", however, when I type just "boot", it tries to boot from the net. It's annoying because when the machine reboots from whatever reason, human intervention is necessary. What is the cause of this?

~> eeprom | grep boot
..reboot-flag=false
..reboot-posc=0
..reboot-posl=33
..reboot-cmd=boot
boot-command=boot
auto-boot?=true
auto-boot-on-error?=false
watchdog-reboot?=false
boot-file: data not available.
boot-device=disk net

Hana
--
Hana Skoumalova Charles University, Faculty of Arts
Institute of Theoretical

  • Re: Satellite receiver Echostar DVR-5000 wont boot.....Help please
    ... One of the problems is that the Echostar DVR-5000 was not produced in any great numbers and the manufacturer or distibutor has ceased making or supporting their satellite receivers. ... I haven't managed to find ANY forum support for this receiver....and believe me I have looked. ... Even if I could get my hands on a "new" eeprom, it would be alittle rsiky trying to change it since it is SMD. ... If there is a "boot" eeprom somewhere it is likely to be difficult to change ...
    (sci.electronics.repair)
  • flashing problems
    ... Some time ago I flashed into the EEPROM e vxWorks image using appupd. ... to be able to boot the kernel and my application from the network... ...
    (comp.os.vxworks)
  • Re: Help with replacing the boot drive with Solstice DiskSuite
    ... Here's my complet eeprom settings as of now: ... >> intervention to boot. ... >> I can now type boot rootdisk at the OK prompt and the server boots fine, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Problems Booting TMS320VC5509A from serial EEPROM
    ... I can successfully boot from USB. ... EEPROM and it appears that the data is being stored in it correctly. ... EEPROMS but no luck. ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: EEPROM boots w/o addressing
    ... Simple, low cost, EEPROM, that ... which boot block to boot, ... The EEPROM will establish comm ... by sending all the right stuff to an ARM ...
    (sci.electronics.components)