dlsym() in libc vs libdl
- From: Frank Cusack <fcusack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:18:14 -0800
On my S10 U-something system, dlsym() is defined in both libc and
libdl. Is there a difference between the two? The man page doesn't
say anything about linking with libdl, and on my system it works
correctly without it.
But my software has a reported bug whose symptom indicates that dlsym()
isn't working. I haven't yet been able to verify that that is indeed
what's going on, but Magic 8-Ball says "Signs point to yes".
'dis' can't find dlsym() for some reason so I can't easily take apart
the two libraries for comparison.
- Prev by Date: Re: Name Resolution Issue
- Next by Date: Re: STUPID ls question
- Previous by thread: Configuring tftp server
- Next by thread: Re: dlsym() in libc vs libdl