Solaris 10 ftp setup ?

Trying to get ftp to work on my Solaris 10 system but keep
getting an error. Does anyone know the steps to get it
working ? Here's my current setup.

- /etc/shells lists all shells that can be used.

- User "cb" ( my login ) is NOT listed in /etc/ftpusers on
System_A .

- I'm trying to ftp to System_A .

$ ftp System A
Connected to System_A.
220 Service ready for new user
Name (System A:cb):
331 User name okay, need password for bb
Password:
530 Access denied
Login failed.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection
ftp>

root@System_A /etc/ftpd: svcs -l ftp
fmri svc:/network/ftp:default
name FTP server
enabled true
state online
next_state none
state_time Thu Feb 07 18:38:38 2008
restarter svc:/network/inetd:default
root@System_A /etc/ftpd:

root@System_A /etc/ftpd: inetadm |grep ftp
enabled online svc:/network/ftp:default

root@System_A /: netstat -a | grep ftp
*.tftp Idle
*.ftp *.* 0 0 49152 0
LISTEN
*.ftp *.* 0 0 49152 0
LISTEN
*.ftp
*.* 0

  • Re: *ALERT* BID 3581: Wu-Ftpd File Globbing Heap Corruption Vulnerability
    ... > Name: ftp ... > Remote system type is UNIX. ... > 200 PORT command successful. ... remote server has closed connection ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: Cant ftp to Redhat 7.3 server
    ... You need GnuPG to verify this message ... > I installed Red Hat 7.3 on a Dell Optiplex but the ftp doesn't work. ... remote server has closed connection ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • weex and sftp
    ... I like to use weex to maintain my websites, but sourceforge uses SFTP ... I thought SFTP was just FTP forwarded over ssh, ... remote server has closed connection ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: TCP & Rcev Window Size Questions
    ... Just a Solaris Admin. ... if we perform MGETS with the command line FTP this ... client and we see the FTP transfer in progress with an expected TCP ... Receive Window size. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • 530 login incorrect error -- Addendum
    ... Just recently users have been unable to ftp this system. ... > 530 login incorrect error. ... Thanks to those who have responded suggesting I check the ftpusers file. ... I have just recently built a new system with Solaris 9 and having the same ...
    (SunManagers)