Re: Multiline Formated ftp Login Banner?

In article <g363e0$plm$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Gary Mills <mills@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In <vilain-BDFA88.07212516062008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Michael Vilain <vilain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

In article
<0e98c092-e718-4f95-8b53-15be856ed323@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Mike <msargent99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there any easy way to get a multi-line welcome banner with an ftp
connection?

Switch to another FTPD. There are multiple one. Some commercial, some
free.

http://www.ncftpd.com/
http://www.proftpd.org/
http://www.pureftpd.org/project/pure-ftpd
http://freshmeat.net/projects/vsftpd/?topic_id=89
http://www.wuftpd.org/

Sun's FTP server is based on the WUftpd server. The man page for
`ftpaccess' should describe the options. It also describes how FTP
clients handle banners. Displaying a message after login might be
better.

It is based on WUftpd for Solaris 9 and later. The WUftpd that you can
easily get on the web builds and works well on Solaris 2.5.1 and Solaris 7.
It does not work on machines with IPv6 support, which is a problem for
Solaris 8. With some work you can get Sun's modified source which can
be built for Solaris 8.

--
-Gary Mills- -Unix Support- -U of M Academic Computing and Networking-

  • Re: Limiting ftp to a specific group
    ... In Solaris 9 the man page for ftpaccess ... Does the ftpaccess file describe users who are automatically denied ... Has SUN changed the Solaris 9 in.ftpd to use wuftpd instead? ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: how to stop ftp server in solaris
    ... how to stop ftp server in solaris without using of kill command ... For Solaris 9 and older edit the /etc/inetd.conf ... You will need to issue a kill -HUP to the inetd process to force a re-read of the configuration file. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Job Stream via FTP
    ... I am not aware of JES running on Solaris, or other UNIX system, so it makes ... sense their FTP server would not support it. ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Ftp user restriction to home directory
    ... i am using solaris 8 on sparc, ... make this server as a ftp server for any one on the ... internet who would like to use it, ... wu-ftpd or proftpd as our management dont trust ...
    (SunManagers)
  • R: How to restrict access in ftp on solaris 5.8
    ... ftp server for any one on the internet who would like to use it, ... is this possible with solaris native ftp? ... our management dont trust opensource though i do regards ...
    (SunManagers)