Re: Missing scadm

John Oliver <joliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
So... what do I need to do to get the scadm binary?

I don't think there IS an scadm for that machine.

To configure the ALOM, you'll want to get a serial connection to the
serial management port. You can configure the machine's ALOM from itself,
or use your laptop. You'll need a DB9 to RJ45 cable.

Once it's configured, you can hook the netmgt port into the network.

--
Brandon Hume - hume -> BOFH.Ca, http://WWW.BOFH.Ca/

  • Re: Missing scadm
    ... I don't think there IS an scadm for that machine. ... To configure the ALOM, you'll want to get a serial connection to the ... serial management port. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Watchdog - Machine dropped to OK prompt
    ... > Gareth Crispin wrote: ... > My guess here is that you've got a serial connection to the ALOM and ... > You can either disable this feature or use an alternate break sequence ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: Bringing up a Sun Fire v240
    ... The one you want is the serial management port. ... It seems that almost all of the machines have the 'Service Requested' ... Usually that's a bad PSU fan. ... Will what the error is be output from the ALOM? ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)