Re: Blastwave dead?

Hello,

Getting some substitute for Blastwave running should not be too
difficult. As I see it, the only real problem is who's going to pay
for the bandwidth. I think we are talking about something like "T1"
service here and, the last time I looked, T1 cost something like
$700/month. That's a real killer!

there is this new technology called ,,rsync''. You can run the main
blastwave mirror from my dsl account at home, that I have anyway for the
total amount of 50 ¤ / month. But the thing is the main mirror of
blastwave (now called opencsw.org) is intact and very well connected
(30Mb/s and more). And Dennis user account seems to be removed which
means that we don't have to recover the content from backups in the
future.

Thomas

  • Re: Larrabee details: Yes, it is based on the Pentium. :-)
    ... Uk pots, |> iirc, was 300-3000, which was a compromise between transmission |> bandwidth requirements and the fact that there's not much added info |> above 3k for voice. ... hear any difference in French vowels spoken by a woman is the loss of the high frequencies. ... One would suspect that's where the real problem is. ... decent microphone. ...
    (comp.arch)
  • Re: About routers connections
    ... It seems that the real problem was my ISP. ... Possibly it started limiting my bandwidth on the same day I discovered that loosen LAN plug. ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Blastwave dead?
    ... the only real problem is who's going to pay for ... the bandwidth. ... That's just a matter of $, getting maintainers is the really hard part. ... I thought this whole mess was because someone named "Phil" and someone named "Dennis" had a shoot out; these two being the key individuals behind Blastwave. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)