Re: Installing mysql on Solaris 10

On Oct 22, 5:47 pm, Dave Uhring <daveuhr...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 00:07:47 -0700, mamu wrote:
I have been trying to install Mysql on Solaris 10 .....

Don't you like the MySQL which is already installed in /usr/sfw?

Hi Dave,
I wanted a specific version of mysql to be installed hence all this
ruckus .

Thanks Gokhan for your input . Indeed it showed me the following :
which means that I need to install SUNW_1.9.1 .

libpthread.so.1 => /lib/64/libpthread.so.1
libthread.so.1 => /lib/64/libthread.so.1
librt.so.1 => /lib/64/librt.so.1
libgen.so.1 => /lib/64/libgen.so.1
libsocket.so.1 => /lib/64/libsocket.so.1
libnsl.so.1 => /lib/64/libnsl.so.1
libnsl.so.1 (SUNW_1.9.1) => (version not found)
libm.so.2 => /lib/64/libm.so.2
libc.so.1 => /lib/64/libc.so.1
libaio.so.1 => /lib/64/libaio.so.1
libmd.so.1 => /lib/64/libmd.so.1
libmp.so.2 => /lib/64/libmp.so.2
libscf.so.1 => /lib/64/libscf.so.1
libdoor.so.1 => /lib/64/libdoor.so.1
libuutil.so.1 => /lib/64/libuutil.so.1
/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245/lib/sparcv9/libc_psr.so.1
/platform/SUNW,Sun-Fire-V245/lib/sparcv9/libmd_psr.so.1

  • DBI / DBD / MySQL installation problem
    ... I used to run Red Hat 9, and had a perfect relationship with Perl, DBI, ... able to connect to MySQL from Perl via DBI. ... Running install for module Mysql ...
    (perl.dbi.users)
  • Re: How to migrate my localhost php site to my ISP - Was: willing to learn php basics
    ... I have now got to a point that I have a working MySQL database system on ... could not expect to install a database that would be available to the ... As Monique said, you can use MySQL to store passwords and write your own login script, but you should also be able to use basic authentication in the web server to require a user name and password for access to web pages, which may well be enough for your purposes. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Installing Puresecure on Solaris 8
    ... Getting puresecure installed on Solaris was very difficult. ... I had to manually install a number of things. ... CONFIGURING MYSQL: ... INSTALLING PERL MODULES ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: MySQL gem problem on OS X [SOLVED]
    ... My mysql gem 2.7 is installed in the following directory: ... I have a symlink to the full name of the install to simplify the path name. ... using UNIX command cd) your way to each of those directories in separate terminal windows. ... but start with sudo. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • Re: Enabling MySQL for PHP on CentOS 5
    ... I cannot get PHP to use mysql correctly. ... find are instructions to install each portion from scratch. ... If you have the mysql-dev and apache-dev packages installed, ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)