Re: resize slice

On Dec 2, 7:21 pm, jammer <jamesloc...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I need to resize a slice.
For some reason it was created with 1 cylinder but it should be
7051-14087.
The rest of the system is working so I only want to touch this one
slice.
I only have shell access.

Total disk cylinders available: 14087 + 2 (reserved cylinders)

Part      Tag    Flag     Cylinders         Size            Blocks
  5 unassigned    wm    7051 -  7051        9.94MB    (1/0/0)
20352

You can do this if nothing is using the slice or any of the space you
want to grow it to, or in some circumstances when something is using
it (for instance if it has a filesystem on it, and you're using a
recent-enough Solaris (which probably means 8 sometime) then you can
grow the FS with growfs once you've grown the slice).

In 10 you may need to set NOINUSE_CHECK to turn off some checking.

  • Re: Tuple slices
    ... I posted my previous mail from Google groups, which for some reason put my ... > meaning of 'slice', as defined by GvR and implemented in core Python ... > sequence objects and documented in the reference manuals and reiterated by ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Politics 102
    ... just a slice of the facts of political life.http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/CampaignStandard/. ... add is that potential Democratic candidates would be every bit as ... interested...if for no other reason than there's no reason to throw money at ...
    (misc.news.internet.discuss)
  • Re: resize slice
    ... jammer writes: ... For some reason it was created with 1 cylinder but it should be ... Print the slice map with prtvtoc. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: New Computer System
    ... Naturally I want to slice it up, ... Forget the concept of logical slices in FreeBSD. ... partition d for obscure historical purposes that no longer are meaningful. ... The only reason you need to divide the boot slice in to partitions ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: backup slice 2
    ... Andrew Gabriel wrote: ... :> What is slice 2 used for these days? ... :> So is there any reason for this anymore or can I use it for something ... tool othere than Veritas Volume Manager that needs it. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)